Monday, July 14, 2008

The Notebook

Most of us look for someone really good-looking, has the attitude and well, someone we can present to everyone. We have this standard or as girls call it, 'the list'. A real life fairytale waiting to happen. But don't you think we're forgetting something? Those physical attributes won't last forever and they'll fade sooner or later ( of course it depends on the lifestyle and everyday trouble..hehe..). And you wouldn't enjoy parading someone with Alzheimer's, right? Or someone who wouldn't even remember your name. Or someone who would probably want to stay at home, sit on the couch and watch TV than walk.
So, I was just thinking... it would really be a tough decision staying together..hehe. It would really be a big 'GOODLUCK'. And you'll be needing a lot of prayers and a good memory to always remember that once in your life, you chose to be with that person. And there's no turning back now.
So, what can we do? Simple. Choose someone who wouldn't just be your partner but also your bestfriend. Because, just like what a friend told me, at the end of the day, when you're all gray, all you would want to have beside you is a bestfriend, not a sexy girlfriend or a hunk boyfriend. Though the idea is appealing. But that's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is that good things are not seen by the eyes but felt by the heart. But I'm not saying choose a blind partner either..hehe. . Hmp! Don't give me a hard time. I know you know what I mean, right? Well, I hope so.
Anyway, this is what i realized after watching 'The Notebook'

No comments: