Monday, July 14, 2008

3 things I've realized inside the train..

On my way home today, I didn't expect I'd realize three important things in my life. Let me tell you what happened... A lot of people travel by train everyday so I knew I'd be standing the whole time. I held on to the steel bar to balance myself.
MOTHERS. I then saw a pregnant woman beside her husband. I couldn't help remembering one of the members, Sister Sandra, who's undergoing post-natal distress right now. She's like uncomfortable being herself after giving birth to Thomas, a cute angel if I may say. She's insecure with how she looks and in great distress thinking about the future of her kids. It made me think how important mothers are. They give birth, cultivate the minds and create the blue prints of their kids. I read this once: "there are two things a mother can give her child, one is roots and the other is wings". And that's something only they can do. I think it would help a lot if her husband would give her flowers everyday or write notes of love no matter how short or simple they may seem. And whenever Mom talks to Sister Sandra about her distress and encourages her that she'd overcome it, it makes me feel so proud of her. Though I don't really tell her that because well...we're not in good terms right now. I hate myself when I'm like this. Because whenever I'm offended or mad, I really don't talk to that person for a long time. In our case, it has been a month now. BUt my point is, I don't want to talk to her just because it's what I'm supposed to do. I wanna talk to her when I feel like to...willingly and not forced. But it doesn't mean I don't love her because I do. I'm alive right now because of her...it's just that..well, ..hmm.. i guess it's not yet time. It sounds bad and I know my pride is working on me again, but there's no other way to explain it. 6 DEGREES OF SEPARATION. The second thing I 've realized was when I saw a young girl playing with a yarn. It was then that I came to remember the '6 Degrees of Separation' I read in a book in the university library. It basically says that all of us are somewhat related to each other. And that means that all the people in the world are connected to each other. A friend of mine could be a friend of someone who could be the cousin of another and so on.. So that means that we are only separated within 6 degrees of relationship... does that make sense? This means that YOU are related to ME in a way. And that whatever we say could be transferred to that person on the 6th degree. Something we do or say could affect more than one person. That something could travel in a 'web' that extends to other cultures, nations or race. This thought made me shiver; how many people have I already affected? Did I affect them positively or negatively? Did I help build a better life or destroy it? These questions are bombarding me. We couldn't possibly take back what we've already said and done. But we can start doing the right thing today. Think before we speak or do something. But not to the point we'd change what we are. We just have to be more careful. Hmm... now I sound like my Values teacher in high school. Great! SOMETHING THAT HAS A VALUE TAKES TIME. And after I have thought of these things, the third realization came when I heard the song 'WAIT FOR YOU' by Elliot Yamin. And it's on the second spot on the countdown. Elliot Yamin has a very nice voice, like that of Craig David. But that's not what I've realized. Of course it reminded me of Brent. I like the message and I even thought he really knows how to pick a song..haha. Now, this is hard to explain. It made me realize that a thing that has a value, takes time. Trees don't grow overnight. Hah! I'm getting better with analogy, I notice. Well, what I'm trying to say is, I miss him. Some other guys I talk to get easily offended when I speak my mind, and others would just simply agree with me to put a stop to my questionings, which defeats the purpose of an argument or even a discussion. But I also know that this is not the right time to talk to him. We still have some 'unfinished business' to deal with. And before one can share to another, he has to be whole first. I'm making no sense, am I? Right. I should stop. I'm making no sense here. I'm really bad at this. So, it has been a long day. Literally and figuratively. haha! I learned a lot of things and in a way I'm starting to mature....i hope so.

No comments: