Monday, July 14, 2008

Fake it 'til you make it

For the past few days, I've been trying to avoid thinking of him by doin' a lot of stuff ,for the fact that I know I'd just end up feeling sad and all. Of course that's not possible because almost everything kept on reminding me of him. It's funny how even the smallest thing could remind you of that person - things he used to do and say. Like, I was inside this vehicle looking around through the window, when I saw this guy with glasses, that instant he reminded me of him.
I was like that for days and weeks. Then I became used to it. I have accepted the fact that all I can do now is to miss him - and it's so darn habitual!
Just then, I thought maybe I'm not really over him yet. So I tried to recall everything that transpired between us. And I smiled. There's no bitterness or regret. Sure I miss him but not like, I miss him because I love him. It's more of I miss the friend he was once to me.
You know what I did just to test my feelings toward him? I went to our website and read through all the messages there. It was all sweet. It brought back a lot of memories but I didn't feel like going back to that avenue again. I just thought they're just part of my past. He's part of my past now.
So, if you wanna get over someone, pretend you're over him for a while and then time will come that you really would be, and you wouldn't even notice it happening. It's like, fake it 'til you make it.
It worked for me, who knows? it might work with you, too.

No comments: